Welcome to my Kindergarten...where we are growing and learning and blooming everyday!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Letter from the President

Today we received a letter from the President!

Every President's Day, my class writes the President of the United States. Since the holiday is in February, we are learning how to write a letter for Writers Workshop, so it works out well.

This year each student drew a picture and wrote a sentence on journal
paper. The drawings are so cute. I always hope that the President actually gets to see them.

I have done this for many years. Both Republican and Democratic Presidents always respond.

It is a wonderful activity and I like how we can make this connection to a real President. The package has several pictures and includes fun information about what the dog, Bo, does all day. Very cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment