Welcome to my Kindergarten...where we are growing and learning and blooming everyday!

Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Earth Day!

Happy Earth Day! Today we celebrated Earth Day by reviewing our pledge to save water while we brush our teeth. We reviewed the 3 Rs ~ Reuse, Recycle, and Reduce and how we try to do this at home and in school.

We can't have a celebration without making a headband! Then for snack I brought in our Earth Day Snack ~ Dirt and Worms, of course!

I made it even easier this year by getting unrefrigerated chocolate pudding snack packs, gummi worms, and chocolate graham crackers. Last night I crushed the crackers because I wanted to show my students and tell them that it was "dirt".

I love this age! Even as I was eating the "dirt" they believed me and then they loved that trick! Each student sprinkled "dirt" on their pudding cups and added the worm.

So simple and so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment