Welcome to my Kindergarten...where we are growing and learning and blooming everyday!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Earth Day Pledge

Earth Day is approaching ~ April 22nd

My challenge was trying to find a new idea or concept that my class could relate to. I wanted my class to have a more "hands on" experience this year. How could they make a connection with Earth Day? How could I raise their awareness of Earth Day this year?

I found this link: Www.apartmenttherapy.com/simple-green-turn-off-the-water

The result ~ turn off the water ~ while brushing your teeth!

I created a Family Letter and included the facts about how much water would be saved. Did you know that an average faucet flows at 2 gallons per minute. Turning off the water while you brush can save 8 gallons ~ if you brush twice a day.

After introducing the idea and after much discussion ~ love Kindergarten discussions ~ the class signed Our Earth Day Pledge. We will try to stick to this water saving project through the end of April.








No comments:

Post a Comment