Welcome to my Kindergarten...where we are growing and learning and blooming everyday!

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Answer is ???

Thanks to Pinterest I saw an idea that I just love! Imagine this...as the teacher, I get to give my students an "answer" and they have to give me the Math Sentence ~ either addition or subtraction. It is genius! And fun!

I have found that students get addition very quickly and need more time to think about subtraction. This simple idea has really increased my students' skills with thinking about Math.

Here is my Answer Board. I change the "answer" daily which is easy to do because I can just slip in another number. We began subtraction last week and we will continue this until the end of school.

Yesterday the "Answer" was 1. Currently, the rule is to use numbers
0 - 5. I will increase the highest number to 10 next week.

The possible combinations are:

0 + 1 = 1
1 + 0 = 1
2 - 1 = 1
3 - 2 = 1
4 - 3 = 1
5 - 4 = 1

Give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment