Welcome to my Kindergarten...where we are growing and learning and blooming everyday!

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Odd and Even Numbers

I saw a pin recently regarding odd and even numbers posted by The Teacher Wife:Bulletin Board Ideas. I loved the idea of Odd and Even Street. I created a rhyme for the activity:

1, 3, 5, 7, 9 are the odd numbers - they're so fine!

2, 4, 6, 8, 10 are the even numbers - let's do it again!

This activity helped my students learn odd and even numbers in a "snap"!

I adapted this idea to create each street on a large 11 x 14 manilla paper on two different days. Each activity took one sitting each with our 4th grade Math Buddies. We created Odd Street first. Today we completed Even Street with our Buddies.

I recommend this activity!
Mrs. H

2 comments:

  1. Cute chant.

    There are also two books titled One Odd Day and One Even Day. They are so cute. The kiddos love looking through them for all of the hidden even and odd things.

    I am a new follower to your blog and want to say welcome also! You are going to love it. =)

    I hope you come visit me when you get the chance. I have a game called Race to the Rainbow that your kiddos will love. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete