Welcome to my Kindergarten...where we are growing and learning and blooming everyday!

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Black History Month Author Study

I have an Author of the Month each. Month during the school year. In February, I present African American authors. One of my favorite authors is Patricia McKissack. Her favorite book of mine is titled Flossie and the Fox. It is a great story and perfect for this age. There is some tricking involved in the story. It is a good introduction to the idea of "tricking" ~ leading up to those tricky leprechauns in March.

I ask my students to draw their favorite part of one of the books read that we read during the month. Then, at the end of the year, I bind them and send them home. It is a good collection and a good memory.

Here is the cover of the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment